I really hope that you watch Modern Family. If you don't, please, for your sake, start.
The reason I bring this up is because last week's episode did an incredible job at depicting the feeling one has when "cleansing." Cam [left] decides to go on a juice fast and his partner, Mitchell, does it along with him in order to support his efforts. Mitchell explains how Cam goes through "stages" whenever he begins a new diet:
1. throwing out all of their food
2. blaming Mitchell
3. "soap actress"
4. a rush of epiphanies
5. despair
6. rage
I'm not going to ruin the clips, but please watch them if you didn't see the episode. They're too good to pass up!
So what does this blog have to do with Cam and Mitchell? Nothing much other than the fact that the first week or two of going on a raw food diet is a "detoxing" period. All of the toxins from eating cooked food begin to release from your body and that can result in some unwanted side effects: headaches, fatigue, short-tempers, mood swings, soap actress like moments, you name it--it can happen. This sounds terrible...and it is, it sucks. When you get to this stage, it can all be "remedied" by stuffing your face with some nice cooked food. But, it only brings your body back to where it is accustomed to being. The key is to push through this TEMPORARY discomfort in order to come out on the other side. And ladies and gents, I've been to that other side. The grass is definitely greener. Of course, life happened, and I slowly slipped back into eating cooked foods again...bringing me back to the place where I need to start all over again. So, why not just get it over with, once and for all? Once you get all of those toxins out, raw food becomes so much more desirable, you feel light, clean, and easy going. It's a natural high.
I hope you enjoy the clips and maybe they can help you better understand what I'm going through this week. It's all pretty comical when you think about it.
Till next time,
love & lettuce,
d

No comments:
Post a Comment